- Refer their renters to apply for the City of Austin RENT Assistance Program
- Access the up-to-date information 24/7 about their renter’s application status
- Easily sign or upload required Program documents electronically
- Sign up for direct deposit of eligible funds
- View payment information about program funds approved for your renters
- Manage multiple renters, entities and properties all in one sign-in account
If you need to comply with the Mayor’s Order regarding Notices to Vacate Section 3 (A)(4)(a) due to non-payment of rent during COVID, you MUST complete the linked Application and process described below. This form will serve as proof of application to the City of Austin’s RENT assistance program.
To complete a rental assistance Landlord Application, which may be required under local orders for a landlord to issue a notice to vacate for nonpayment of rent if a tenant owes more than 5 months of rent, a landlord MUST:
- Register for a RENT account below; AND
- Complete an Application linked here.
- Your property must be in the City of Austin Full Purpose Jurisdiction. Click the COA Map and locate your address if you are unsure if your property is in the Jurisdiction.
- To receive assistance, the renter must apply and be determined as eligible for assistance. To view the eligibility criteria, refer to the FAQs for more information.
- The City of Austin RENT Assistance Program can help renters financially impacted by the pandemic pay rent as far back as April 2020. This program helps pay for:
- Current and past due rents,
- Late fees for past due rent,
- Future rent (after past due and current rent assistance is provided, eligible renters needing help with future rent can be certified for groups of 3 months of future rent assistance, for not more than 15 months of total rent help for unpaid rents due between April 2020 and December 2021, if funds are available.
- The applicant must be a renter, without any homeownership interest in the property on the application.
Have multiple staff members that need to look up or provide information? Landlords only need to register for one access account. If you have more than one staff member that needs access to renter information at a property, please register once and use shared log-in credentials.
Upon registering and setting up their properties in their account, landlords are provided with a unique Referral Code for each property that can be given to their renters to include with their application, which directly links the renter to their landlord in the Portal.
- E-sign or Upload Completed W-9
- Complete Direct Deposit Banking Information
- Upload Executed Lease
- E-sign Landlord Certification Form